One of my goals this year has been to buy and cook what’s in season. According to The Food Network, now is the time for eggplants. With my mouth watering, I clicked on the ‘Eggplant Recipes’ button and Giada’s Eggplant Rollatini popped up. I knew it was meant to be because every recipe I’ve tried of hers, I’ve loved!
With the exception of using store bought tomato sauce, letting the eggplants sit salted for a bit longer and running out of Parmesan, I stayed true to the directions. I use the store bought sauce to cut down on time, but it still took me just as long to make. I let the salted eggplant sit longer because the last time made eggplant it tasted bitter. Lastly, I finish topping the dish with mozzarella since I ran out of parm (boo!). In the end, it came out perfectly!
In addition to the eggplant Rollatini, I made roasted artichoke. I found the recipe on the bag from Costco, but still used my own instincts to make it taste better. Here’s how I cooked it:
1. I pre-heated the oven to 375°
2. I prepared the artichoke by cleaning it, and cutting and spreading the leaves.
3. Place in a pan
4. Minced 2 cloves of garlic and sprinkled them in the leaves
5. Covered with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and olive oil
6. Salt and Peppered
6. Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 min.