Salt Lake City 8:40pm + Dever 12:45am + Cancun 6:15am = Isla Mujeres 7:15am
It was a long night, and I don’t think Dan or I slept a wink. But, seeing the beautiful blue ocean sure made up for our exhaustion. After arriving in Cancun we made our way via taxi and then ferry to Isla Mujeres. I found some comfy and clean accommodations via hostels.com at a small family run hotel called Hotel Marcianito. Since it was so early when we arrived, the family allowed us to store our backpacks and we were off to roaming the small island. Luckily we found some beach chairs to rent and caught up on some much needed sleep.
The things we did:
- Caught up on sleep
- Ate a yummy breakfast
- Walking / sightseeing
- Read, slept, and hung out at the beach
- Ate beans from a can (yes, they were delicious)
- Drank Mexican water and didn’t get sick (Kim & Dave, the steripen you gave us for Christmas really works! In case you are wondering… Mexican water doesn’t taste great, but at least we don’t have to pay for bottled water 🙂
- Worked (Dan on his stuff and I started my dance around the world stuff)
- Sucio = dirty / Hey girl, this bathroom is dirty
Although our time on the island was short, it was perfect place to start our travels. Hope you enjoy some of our photos.
*Note: If you’re looking of a good nights sleep, Hotel Marcianito is note the place. It’s right in the middle of the nightlife scene, and there’s no internet. That’s probably why it was so cheap. Sure glad we brought earplugs.